Sunday, July 17, 2011

On Midnight's failure to mumble

I am really going to try not to be one of those people who only blogs every 3 months and people think: "Why does she even bother?" A two week  break so early in things seems to say this intention is a bold-faced lie. I'm serious though. I can do better. This was not the average 2 weeks... Let me explain.

You see...

The week of July 4th was our National Adoption Conference at work. It was exhausting, but it was great. I love getting to be face-to-face with people who I talk to, work with, hear about, but hardly ever see. People who care about the things I care about and come together to be in the same place to learn to do the great things they do a little bit better. It's cool that these experienced servants let me be in their midst and it's great if we can give them an opportunity to come together and learn to be just a little bit better through the conference.

Then, sadly, my Grandmother passed away. I spent a hard, heartbreaking week in Florida with family. While it was good to reconnect with some people there, mostly it was frustrating and exhausting and sad and basically, just hard. I just got home tonight, and I'm still trying to take it all in. I'm not sure when or if I'll ever fully process it all, but I'm glad I went and I'm glad to be back home tonight with my own pillow and back to my normal schedule.

All that to say, sorry I deserted you bloggy-land. I didn't mean to. I had 2 full weeks and the 2nd, I was in a bit of an imposed internet detox. It was probably good for me, but it sure does feel like something's missing without my normal access.

Alright, that's all the mumbling for tonight. I'll be back though - sooner, really.

1 comment:

  1. VERY sorry to hear about your Grandma, Megan. *hug* errrmm... *shoulder pat*

    And isn't there something so magical and centering about your OWN pillow?

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're leaving me a message! I love it when my rambling becomes a conversation. THANKS! :)