Monday, June 18, 2012

Noncommital June No More!!!

I'm sort of annoyed with me lately.

I feel like usually, I'm a work hard, play hard kind of girl.

Lately, I've been a tired at work, won't commit to play kind of girl. My friends are all: "hang out with me". I'm all: "we'll see..." I hate that. It has gone so far though, that a friend and I decided that noncommital was my theme for June.

Whoa. Too. Far.

I've been busy some, but that's not everything. I have been travelling for awesome weddings! And we had our conference at work last week. I have a love/hate relationship with conference. No, now wait. Not hate. That analogy takes things too far. Maybe I actually have a love/exhaustion relationship with conference. I love the people. Love the learning. Love the making connections between people who can be more awesome together. Love all the stuff that works together to find families for children. But I most definitely get for really real tired from all that loving action.

Wait. I have totally derailed from the point of this post. What? I'm rambling? Nobody is shocked? Yeah, me either. Eek. Back on task! Here we go...

The weddings and conference and travelling were legitimate busy causing, distance from normal life creating, distractions, but some of this might just be my own slacky, slacker fault. If I could just get on my game at work I'd KNOW when I would have free time because I could count on myself to finish things and get on with my life. I don't though. I'm so tired I don't trust myself and I won't commit to doing the things that are refreshing and don't exhaust me. This is a bad cycle of unrefreshing. Boo.

I don't have any of those good excuses like spouse, children, recent life trauma, natural disaster. I am only responsible for me in a normal state of being. I should be better at it.

I'm going to be! Sunday I had semi-spontaneous fun lunch with friends. THAT is going to be the pattern breaker. So. There. Pattern broken. HA! It is summer and I am going to be outside and with fun people and doing the 80 trillion fun things DC offers.

Bring on the summer fun. I have all these things I want to do this summer... Summer bucket list! Hmm. I should publish that list. Fun accountability! Totally. Summer Bucket list post coming SOON. Do you have any awesome summer fun suggestions? Put 'em in the comments!

2 comments:

Yay! You're leaving me a message! I love it when my rambling becomes a conversation. THANKS! :)